General questions and comments.
Isachris83
1 star
1 star

Re: Switchking on Raspberry Pi

Post by Isachris83 » Wed 09 Jul 2014, 14:29

Hi,
sorry but i don't understand swedish...
Nethertheless. I installed also SK on RPI and all is ok except that i can't update a datasource which is created as "value provided as external system(throught REST interface)". The modification of this datasource causes the creation of a new datasource with the same name (and with the modifications inside). I re-installed SK and the promble is the same.
I can't find anything in the logs except this warning when i start the daemon (for each REST datasource) :
"{BusinessAccessDataCollection - FileSystemWatcher} --<Warning> -- 2014-07-09 15:22:36 -- Request was made to create a FileSystemWatcher for the datasource with id 1, name test but the address file:///C:/MyDataSource/MyDataFile.txt does not match criterias"

Thanks for you help,

Regards,

Christophe

EDIT : i tried on a windows platfrom and the bug doesn't occurs.

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Thu 10 Jul 2014, 13:57

Isachris83 wrote:The modification of this datasource causes the creation of a new datasource with the same name (and with the modifications inside). I re-installed SK and the promble is the same.
This is an old bug that was corrected in v3.0.0.10 of the server in combination with v3.0.0.11 of the client. Are you by any chance running an older version of the server or the client (I see that you reinstalled but asking anyway since you could have installed an earlier version).
If the version of your server and client is newer than this, it could be related to which version of Mono you are running.
Martin | Switch King

Isachris83
1 star
1 star

Post by Isachris83 » Fri 11 Jul 2014, 23:39

Hello,

thanks for the tips.
In fact mono wasn't correctly installed. Now it works :

"pi@raspberrypi ~ $ mono-test-install
Active Mono: /usr/local/bin/mono
Other Mono executables: /usr/bin/mono

Your system has a broken System.Drawing setup
Your file system watcher is: System.IO.InotifyWatcher"

now my configuration is :
Mono version: 3.6.1 (master/fab66aa Fri Jul 11 03:27:28 CEST 2014)
Switch King version: 3.2.1.0 (Build date 1/23/2013 9:01:16 PM)
SK client version is 3.1.0.1

I changed db mode to 777 as adviced.
and i have still the same problem with the REST interface.

martin.tevell
1 star
1 star

Post by martin.tevell » Tue 26 Aug 2014, 07:21

Hi

Thank you for a great wiki, great guidelines and great posts. I have after years of regret, finally dug into a solution for RPi, Tellstick DUO and SwitchKing. I spent yesterday to sum up all guides and comments in this wiki, and finally made it.

IT WORKS!!!

I have now a fully functional Raspberry Pi with Telldus Core Service, SwitchKing service and Telldus Duo up and running, booting services as well. It works great. Thank you Tomas and Martin for a great top-software.

I have a few tips for some of the issues posted and not yet solved:

[*]SwitchKing works when started manually, but not on boot:
In my case mono was not installed in "\local". So in the boot script (step 7 according to frittefrax), line 26 should be

Code: Select all

DAEMON=/usr/bin/mono (not DAEMON=/usr/local/bin/mono)
[*]To install mono as hardfloat, all I did in step 3, was:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mono-complete
It took an hour or so to run through. Done!

I will try to finalize my installation notes and put it up here, step by step, if anyone is interested.

/Martin

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Thu 11 Sep 2014, 20:25

Great! Thanks for sharing!

When we finally gets the new version of Switch King together, the Mono support is expected to be greatly improved when it comes to the server due to that we have picked frameworks and functionality that are fully portable between Microsoft .NET and Mono framework.
Martin | Switch King

albinsson
3 stars
3 stars

Post by albinsson » Sat 11 Oct 2014, 19:42

So, does this mean that we can have a stable Switchking installation on RPi now? Or is there issues with stability?

Bontwoody
1 star
1 star

Post by Bontwoody » Sat 25 Oct 2014, 15:56

Hi all, im a competent PC user but a complete noob with a raspberry pi. However after several days of effort trying to migrate my home automation system from a netbook which was fried by lightning to a pi, I have with the help of this forum (and several others) managed it :-) I have to say that the biggest problem were little errors like capital letters and spelling mistakes which when you don't really have clue what is going on are really confusing :-)

Anyway my question is a simple one. I've installed my 1 wire temperature probe and I know where the data is being saved on the pi but I can't seem to point switchking to it. The file is at /mnt/1wire/28.7F4F08030000/temperature what should I put in the file path for the data source?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Mon 03 Nov 2014, 21:37

Best guess would be the path as you have written it. Can it be that Switch King does not have read access to the file? What does the log file for Switch King say when attempting to read the file?
Martin | Switch King

pwadstein
1 star
1 star

Post by pwadstein » Fri 07 Nov 2014, 08:09

Hi everyone!

I AM a total newbie on Linux but have installed mono and
Switchking this is working whitout a problem then i starting it manuell.
I tried to get the daemon script but all i get is:

/etc/init.d/switchkingd: line 138: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/etc/init.d/switchkingd: line 165: syntax error: unexpected end of file

any idees?

//putte

gorhak
3 stars
3 stars

Post by gorhak » Fri 07 Nov 2014, 22:13

Hi,
I have made an Image available to download. I have been running it now for four month with no problem. But I decided at make a new thread in this forum, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1626
/Göran