Suggestion - new timer based on departure time

General questions and comments.
entrecour
1 star
1 star

Suggestion - new timer based on departure time

Post by entrecour » Sun 09 Dec 2012, 01:02

I want to set up some rules to control a car engine heater based on the external temp (from temperature.nu) according to this rule set....
motorv.jpg
At the moment for each motor heater device I have group schedules set up which turn the heater on for different times according to how cold it is. There are 7 group schedules in all.
heater.jpg
However the problem with this set up is that if I want to change my departure time I have to do a lot of editing to the schedules for each temperature. It would be much easier if there was a new schedule timer available that would trigger an event a specific time defined by a rule before (or even after) an easily defined departure time.

Any thoughts on this, or is the problem my implementation of the schedules?

Also, with the way I have set up the schedules I am wondering which one will be executed in practice - what is the logic, can they be ordered, if so how?

And finally how do I delete an unused schedule (the disabled one in the image above)?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tomas
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggestion - new timer based on departure time

Post by tomas » Mon 10 Dec 2012, 08:53

Currently there is no built-in functionality for setting a departure time in Switch King. As far as I can see you have configured the schedules properly for the engine heater. You could add a new System Mode and link schedules for a second departure time to that (each departure time will require it's own set of schedules, but you can reuse the rules). You may want to reduce the number of schedules (maybe go from 7 to 3) to make the system easier to maintain.

The schedules are stacked on top of each other. If any of the schedules indicate that the device should be turned on then it will be turned on. Note that you should use different On times for the schedules depending on the temperature. Example: Departure at 8:30. Schedule with rule <+1C should go on at 7:30 (60 min before departure), schedule with rule <4.5C should go on at 6:45 (105 min before departure) and so on.

You can delete schedules in the File menu by selecting Delete.
Tomas | Switch King

entrecour
1 star
1 star

Post by entrecour » Tue 11 Dec 2012, 18:52

Tomas,

Thanks for the idea to use a new system mode. I will try that out.

Any chance to might add departure time functionality in a future release?

Thanks.

tomas
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tomas » Sat 15 Dec 2012, 11:10

We have nothing planned for the time being regarding timer based departure time. I will add it to the backlog as a request.
Tomas | Switch King

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Post by pekkak » Thu 17 Oct 2013, 19:37

Any update on this development request? It's the car warming season again.. :D