live.switchking.se not working ?

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
Asphaug
1 star
1 star

live.switchking.se not working ?

Post by Asphaug » Tue 22 Oct 2013, 10:37

Hi, I cant not use the iOS app after renewing my license.. (on local network it is fine, outside it is not working)
Server address is live.switchking.se, using switchking live.
Server ID is entered as the same id that the serverprogram is using. have tried requesting a new Live ID.
port 8800 is routed to the server.
have checked that userID/password is correct.
This was working until the license period ended and i had to renew the license.
The error message is: Server ga ingen data, kontroller brukernavn,passord og serveridentitet.

any ideas?

read on your page that there was som serverissues with switchking live. but this was dated a month ago.

*new info: after manually specifying my home IPaddress insted of using live.switchking.se, it seems to be working.
this is a workaround however, as I do not have a static DNS.

seems like live.switchking.se is not working 100% ?

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: live.switchking.se not working ?

Post by Martin » Tue 22 Oct 2013, 19:47

We are not aware of any ongoing severe stability problems with Switch King Live. You should be able to connect to Live using your mobile device. What is the status of your server when you connect to Live from your Switch King Server (not your mobile client)? Can it connect to the server or does it give any error messages?
Martin | Switch King

Asphaug
1 star
1 star

Post by Asphaug » Wed 23 Oct 2013, 08:19

Martin wrote:We are not aware of any ongoing severe stability problems with Switch King Live. You should be able to connect to Live using your mobile device. What is the status of your server when you connect to Live from your Switch King Server (not your mobile client)? Can it connect to the server or does it give any error messages?

Thanks for the reply :)

Well, whatever steps I take in the problemshooting, it all points to live.switchking.se beeing the problem. or some sort of network issue at least.

On my phone:
turning "use switch king live" off and entering my IP address works OK. port that is forwarded on my router is 8800. without changing any information in userid/password, but turning "use switch king live" on, it fails. stating "check username,password and serveridentity". This indicates that the server is up and running.

On my server:
If I then request a new live id from the server, I get a new one, indicating that there is a connection. entering this into my mobile device and trying live.switchking.se again returns the same error message as previously stated.

for the record, I'm testing from an external site, both wireless and on 3G.

is there any port forwarding I am missing here maybe?

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Wed 23 Oct 2013, 12:10

Switch King Live does not require port forwarding. If you've entered the Server ID in the app and the server is indicating a connection you should be fine.
If you can, it would be great if you could set a temporary username and password so that I could test. If so, please PM me with a username+pass+server identity.
Martin | Switch King

Asphaug
1 star
1 star

Post by Asphaug » Thu 24 Oct 2013, 13:14

Martin wrote:Switch King Live does not require port forwarding. If you've entered the Server ID in the app and the server is indicating a connection you should be fine.
If you can, it would be great if you could set a temporary username and password so that I could test. If so, please PM me with a username+pass+server identity.
it was indicating connection, but this morning when I was setting up for a new live ID and rest username/password so you could test, if failed.
I had to leave for work, so I did not have time for any further investigation. (on a side note, connection via my external IP still worked fine)

arriving at work, i remote controlled the server and tried again, it still failed. then I noticed that switchking.se was down?
error message:
jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 145
Table '.\switchking_joomla\jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( 'o1kpfddpsrveet3sdb26ff18i7','1382616671','','0','1','0' )

to make the short story longer, i tried again a little later today. requesting a new live ID and entering a new user/password. and what do you know? live.switchking.se as address in my mobile app works.
not sure if you have done anything, but it seems to be working fine now. :clap:

I have not done any port forwarding, restarted any services or done any other configuration on my system.

have a good day!

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Thu 24 Oct 2013, 13:19

Unfortunately, our ISP had some problems during the night which caused our site and the Live service to be inaccessible. It was solved at around 9-9:30 this morning.

Great that you've got it working.
Martin | Switch King