Scheduling synchronization?

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Scheduling synchronization?

Post by pekkak » Thu 15 Aug 2013, 16:19

In SK options can be specified the interval of synchronization in minutes. I am often switching lights on also from traditional wall switches and SK now switches them off in synchronization. I would like the synchronization to occur in specific times e.g. 4 am and at noon when all the lights are either switched off or scheduled, not manually on. Could you add the scheduling of synchronization in a future release?
Last edited by pekkak on Thu 15 Aug 2013, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Scheduling syncronization?

Post by Martin » Thu 15 Aug 2013, 17:06

Do you mean that you have a switch that does not communicate with the DUO and when you press that switch, the light turns on or off but the status in Telldus Center or Switch King does not get updated?

Even though you don't have the possibility to synchronize at specific times, you could possibly add a "forced event" nightly for the devices that you want to make sure are Off or On at specific times. This will force Switch King to send an On or Off even though Switch King thinks that the device already is in the correct state.

I have also added this as a request in BugNet:
http://bugnet.switchking.se/Issues/Issu ... spx?id=696
Martin | Switch King

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Re: Scheduling syncronization?

Post by pekkak » Thu 15 Aug 2013, 17:42

I have e.g. Nexa LWMR-210 receivers behind original wall switches.

I made one group schedule forcing OFF event at 6 am and 4 pm to these devices for the time being, thanks! Only minor problem with this workaround is that they will fill up my upcoming events list unnecessarily.