Switch King Server - Raspberry PI

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
ltpitt
1 star
1 star

Switch King Server - Raspberry PI

Post by ltpitt » Mon 11 Feb 2013, 22:38

Hi to everyone!

I'm the very proud owner of a Raspberry PI, a Telldus Stick and annual license of Switch King.

I want to thank you for the lovely product you've realized: I've been fiddling with it the whole day on Windows and it works as a Champ, with all the features I'd dream of (for now :P)!

My final hope and dream would be to see this beauty work on my Raspberry PI...

I've been able to download and compile telldus-core and it works great.

I've installed mono-runtime from repositories and I've started Switch King server thanks to instructions found in Readme.txt file:

mono SwitchKing.exe daemon 8080 8800

Sadly I got an error:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SwitchKing.Server.LinuxConsole.MainClass' from assembly 'SwitchKing, Version=1.0.4636.40045, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SwitchKing.Server.LinuxConsole.MainClass' from assembly 'SwitchKing, Version=1.0.4636.40045, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Can I get a little help to achieve the final dream of control my house using the little PI?

Thank you for your time and patience!

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Switch King Server - Raspberry PI

Post by Martin » Tue 12 Feb 2013, 08:29

Hi itpitt,
I am not sure that Mono has successfully made it the whole way into Raspberry Pi yet. We are a couple of users who are eagerly waiting for this to happen.
We've been trying out Switch King and Mono on RPi, but there are two versions of Wheezy - one "soft float" version and one "hard float" version.

As far as I know, Mono only runs successfully on the "soft float" version, but then the whole OS (including Switch King) is terribly slow. When I last checked this thread - http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 2&start=75 - it looks like it's on it's way to the "hard float" version.

It might be that your problem is caused by the "hard float" issue - from what I have read, it seems that Mono might actually compile on "hard float" today, but it crashes later when it is to calculate float values.
Martin | Switch King

ltpitt
1 star
1 star

Post by ltpitt » Tue 12 Feb 2013, 09:32

Thank you Martin for your prompt and accurate answer!

I'll lurk there with all my strenghts :)

In the meanwhile I'll fiddle with bash and python to build a silly web interface (or small android app) myself.

Take care,
ltpitt.

ltpitt
1 star
1 star

Post by ltpitt » Fri 10 Jan 2014, 00:59

Hello there and happy new year!

Do we have any, hopefully happy, news on this side?

Can't wait to use it on my Pi :)

sonnyboy
4 stars
4 stars

Post by sonnyboy » Fri 10 Jan 2014, 07:04

ltpitt wrote:Hello there and happy new year!

Do we have any, hopefully happy, news on this side?

Can't wait to use it on my Pi :)
In this post you can read about SK on a Rpi
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=779#p10846
Beyond Measure 1.7
Switch King
Klient 3.1.0.1
Server 3.2.0.2 med Databas 2.5.5
Telldus 2.1.1