Windows 8 Client

Andra typer av bidrag | Other contributions
Thorell
1 star
1 star

Re: Windows 8 Client

Post by Thorell » Sat 05 Jan 2013, 20:39

pekkak wrote:I was able to make the connection by routing it from the Internet. But for that I needed a dynamic dns, port opening in my router and in Windows Firewall. Hopefully next release supports locally installed Switch King.

Also hiding of unnecessary devices and data sources would be nice, now my screen is pretty grouded. But overall very nice app and definitely part of our home automation on our touchscreen kitchen PC in the future! :clap:
So 127.0.0.1 didnt work. :(
I will have to do a bit of testing and see whats making it not work.

Glad you like it though and im working on making it better all the time. Just need more information about how people are and want to be using it. :)

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Post by pekkak » Sun 13 Jan 2013, 18:26

I bought xSwitch to our kitchen computer and all of our family members use it with their own MS account. I wasn't able to install the app to other users but myself. It seems that I would have to buy the app for every single user of the computer. Is it really so?

Thorell
1 star
1 star

Post by Thorell » Sun 13 Jan 2013, 18:44

pekkak wrote:I bought xSwitch to our kitchen computer and all of our family members use it with their own MS account. I wasn't able to install the app to other users but myself. It seems that I would have to buy the app for every single user of the computer. Is it really so?
I'm sorry to say that that's the way Microsoft, just like Apple and Google, handles App purchases and ownership. It's tied to a specific account so if you purchase it on one it does not carry over to any other account.

Wish there was some way i could help you out but this is beyond my control. :(

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Post by pekkak » Wed 03 Apr 2013, 10:19

When do we get this awesome app on Windows Phone 8? I'll buy it instantly to myself and to my wife's Nokia Lumia 920. :wave:

Thorell
1 star
1 star

Post by Thorell » Wed 03 Apr 2013, 22:22

pekkak wrote:When do we get this awesome app on Windows Phone 8? I'll buy it instantly to myself and to my wife's Nokia Lumia 920. :wave:
Well im glad you like it. Been thinking about getting it on WP8 but want to get a bit further with the Win8 version first. Working on a bigger uppdate right now that i will release soon.

But if its a switch king client for WP you want then try out http://www.patte.se/homecontrol/. Works well on my Lumia 920.

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Post by pekkak » Thu 04 Apr 2013, 05:56

Thanks for the hint! Home Control is really quite handy, it should be mentioned in switchking.se like your desktop app. Looking forward to your bigger update!

tomas
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tomas » Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:32

pekkak wrote:Home Control is really quite handy, it should be mentioned in switchking.se like your desktop app.
Done :)

http://www.switchking.se/en/extensions/ ... nt-xswitch

http://www.switchking.se/en/extensions/ ... hone-7-app
Tomas | Switch King

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Post by pekkak » Sat 06 Apr 2013, 15:47

Great!

Just to clarify, Home Control works perfectly also in Windows Phone 8..!

Dagge
1 star
1 star

Post by Dagge » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 13:53

Gillar din app, den är enkel och "rättfram". Tack! :clap:

Skulle gärna se en lite mindre storlek på "OFF" resp "ON".
I vart fall i min dator blir bokstäverna klippta lite i underkant. Det spelar ju egentligen ingen roll, men det vore snyggare med mindre typstorlek.
Tror det skulle se mindre "rörigt" ut med säg c:a 75% av nuvarande (installerade appen i nov-13). :wave:

Thorell
1 star
1 star

Post by Thorell » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 14:13

Dagge wrote:Gillar din app, den är enkel och "rättfram". Tack! :clap:

Skulle gärna se en lite mindre storlek på "OFF" resp "ON".
I vart fall i min dator blir bokstäverna klippta lite i underkant. Det spelar ju egentligen ingen roll, men det vore snyggare med mindre typstorlek.
Tror det skulle se mindre "rörigt" ut med säg c:a 75% av nuvarande (installerade appen i nov-13). :wave:
Kul att du gillar den :)
Det är faktiskt ett medvetet val att klippa texten lite i underkant :P
Förstår dock att alla kanske inte gillar de valet.

Har du någonting som du saknar/önskar? Behöver lite idéer för hur man ska fortsätta med programmet.