Group Schedule does not work

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
hmk
1 star
1 star

Group Schedule does not work

Post by hmk » Wed 08 Jan 2014, 21:33

Hi!

I have tried to get my wall switch to turn on or off my ceiling light by creating a Group schedule.

I have done the following:
1. Device on at 00:00
2. Rule: Wall switch must be on
3. Linked the Device

What happens is when i manualy turn my lights off in SwitchKing it works fine. Howover when i activate the schedule and flip the wall switch, the following happens:
1. The status for the device changes in SwitchKing.
2. Nothing happens with device.

What seems to be the problem?

hmk
1 star
1 star

Re: Group Schedule does not work

Post by hmk » Wed 08 Jan 2014, 23:12

After a server restart, it all of the sudden started to work.

hmk
1 star
1 star

Post by hmk » Thu 09 Jan 2014, 09:47

It was just working intermittently. Later the same evening, it "stopped" working again.

When I press the wall switch, both the status of the switch AND the device changes in SwitchKing but nothing actually happens. When manually invoking the wall plug from SwitchKing, the wall plug does indeed turn the lights on. This happens ALL the time - by that I mean that both the wall switch and the wall plug works - it is what happens in between that I cant figure out.

Why will this not work? Or rather, why would this sometimes work (10% of the time) but most often not?

The affected devices is placed within 3 meters of the Tellstick Duo.

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Thu 09 Jan 2014, 16:49

This is probably related to the well known issue that switches sends not one, but multiple signals during a number of seconds once the switch is activated.
During this time, other signals - for example outgoing signals sent by the Duo - are blocked.

So, to summarize, the issue is related to the switch rather than the TellStick, Telldus Center or Switch King.
You can tune parameters to get around this issue. Check under the advanced settings in the client.

You can also see another in-depth thread here, which touches the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1288&p=9484&
Martin | Switch King

hmk
1 star
1 star

Post by hmk » Thu 09 Jan 2014, 19:48

What you are describing are exactly what the problem was. I was using the Nexa WBT-912 and once i changed the switch to a standard 1-way switch it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the reply!