connect to local server failed

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
sörversepp
1 star
1 star

connect to local server failed

Post by sörversepp » Thu 31 Oct 2013, 13:30

Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen.

May sombody can give me a advise, how to get switchking connected to my local Server?

Because for activate the licensekey i have to start switchking and connect to my own Server, but everytime i try to connect to "Server on this Computer" a message is shown up "switchking could not connect to the Server".

I can call my localhost by Internet Explorer.

Port 8080, Apache says, is available.

Firewall is turned off, while connecting.

I´m not sure, what Services must be running.

The only Connection i can get is to the Demo Server, but there it´s not possible to activate the license.

Thanks, sörversepp

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: connect to local server failed

Post by Martin » Thu 31 Oct 2013, 14:53

All services need to run in order for Switch King to function properly. If you ports are already occupied, you need to change ports for either Switch King or the other application.
If all services are running and you still cannot connect to the server, you have a firewall problem where you need to open the appropriate ports.

Errors might be noted in Windows Event Viewer (if services cannot start due to a severe error) or in Switch King's own log files.
http://www.switchking.se/en/faq/42-oevr ... -loggfiler
Martin | Switch King

sörversepp
1 star
1 star

Post by sörversepp » Sun 03 Nov 2013, 17:17

Hi folks...

After i started the Framework service manually, i was able to connect to my localhost and activate the license.

But further it's not possible to start the "SwitchKing Invocation Service", wich is necessary for starting the other Services.

This "SwitchKing Invocation Service" seems to handle the devices`?

Could it be reason, that i'm using a tellstick net and no tellstick duo, although the plug-in tellstick net is copied in to the plugin foulder?

Do i have to configure this plug-in :help: ?

Thanks, sörversepp

sörversepp
1 star
1 star

Post by sörversepp » Sun 03 Nov 2013, 17:24

btw. Windows error says: Fehler 1067: Der Prozess wurde unerwartet beendet (error 1067: process unexpectedly terminated.)

Sörversepp

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Sun 03 Nov 2013, 21:03

TellStick Net is officially not supported by Switch King (as stated here: http://www.switchking.se/en/functions) and we do not offer support for the plugin to TellStick Net since we are not the authors or developers of that plugin.

Your best bet would probably be to ask a question in the forum section for that specific plugin:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=900&start=100
Martin | Switch King