Cannot switch anything on - "off in semi-automatic mode"

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
jefft
1 star
1 star

Cannot switch anything on - "off in semi-automatic mode"

Post by jefft » Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:38

Help!

I've been trying out Switch King with a few lights and all was working well until today, when no lights came on at dusk. I went to override them manually and I can't get any lights to come on...

All my devices show as off. They should all be on at present. If I try to change the state of a device to "on", or click the current state icon, it thinks for a few seconds and then the icon changes to the off icon with a "pause" symbol on it and the flyover comment is "Off in semi-automatic mode". After a while, that returns simply to the off icon and the drop-down for state says "by schedule" (although as I've said, the schedule says that the lights should be on right now!) It appears that no signals are being sent to the devices at all - the switches are not changing state.

I've tried deleting and re-adding one of my switches and that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

jefft
1 star
1 star

Re: Cannot switch anything on - "off in semi-automatic mode"

Post by jefft » Sat 22 Jun 2013, 21:46

Ah, now I get the problem... remembered that there's Telldus's stack between SK and the devices. Tried the lights from Telldus centre and it told me what I needed to know, "Tellstick not found". No idea why Windows had lost sight of the hardware, but an unplug-replug of the USB sorted everything out.

Isn't SK able to get that same error message back from the Telldus comms drivers to me, or to raise an error itself if it doesn't get the expected result from a switch command?

tomas
Administrator
Administrator

Post by tomas » Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:49

Hi jefft,

Unfortunately the error message is not getting back to the client. It is captured in the server log though. We will add to the backlog to implement support for better error feedback.

Some users have experienced problems with "Tellstick not found" and Telldus has been working on an update of the driver. Right now there is a BETA version of TelldusCenter available for download that you may consider installing (version 2.1.2 beta 1). We have been evaluating this version for more than a month now with good results.

You find the latest info under "1a) Installation" on our Getting Started page:
http://www.switchking.se/en/getting-started
Tomas | Switch King

jefft
1 star
1 star

Post by jefft » Tue 25 Jun 2013, 21:59

Thanks, I'll give that a try. :)