Device groups and scenarios into web client?

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Device groups and scenarios into web client?

Post by pekkak » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:10

Is there a development plan to include device groups and scenarios in web client? It would be very handy to control many devices at once.

bjornæhurlen.dk
2 stars
2 stars

Re: Device groups and scenarios into web client?

Post by bjornæhurlen.dk » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:48

Take a look at this project: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=953 (hopefully you understand it even though it is in Swedish/Norwegian)
I installed this during Christmas and it looks very promising. Scenarios is promised in the next update.

pekkak
2 stars
2 stars

Post by pekkak » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:08

Interesting! I didn't see device groups mentioned there or maybe I didn't understand it?

I was just wondering why Switch King web client is done with .NET and not with PHP, which would be easier to develop for most of us and more widely supported by web hotels.
Last edited by pekkak on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:13

The web client is just an example of what can be developed with the APIs exposed through Switch King's services. It is not intended to be a full, ready-to-deploy-solution.
As with the plugins available for Switch King, it is not included in the supported Switch King package, even if we try to answer questions (and from time to time add functionality) when we get the chance.

No further expansion or development is planned for the web client in the near future.
Martin | Switch King

bjornæhurlen.dk
2 stars
2 stars

Post by bjornæhurlen.dk » Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:38

Interesting! I didn't see device groups mentioned there or maybe I didn't understand it?
Lightning is pretty new and nanab is happy about getting inputs to the project. I suggest you take a look at it and add suggestions to him in teh link I posted.