No Extensions available for download

Support questions for server and client (Windows, iPhone, Android, Linux)
1 star
1 star

No Extensions available for download

Post by 96633333 » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:42

Hi,

I have been trying the past 2 days to download the WebApp, but the "Extentions & Examples" is empty.
I am registerd and logged in but no... doesnt work... :(

:banghead:

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: No Extensions available for download

Post by Martin » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 08:48

Hi,
Since v3.1, all available extensions are included in the installation package and found under the Repository directory in the Switch King Server installation directory. This approach is taken to be ensure that there is always a compatible version of a plugin or extension available when the server ships.

Unfortunately, we have not yet had the time to update all pages on the site with this information.
Martin | Switch King

1 star
1 star

Post by 96633333 » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 09:19

Thank you for the quick reply Martin! :)

But i cannot find the Web Client in the Repository folder? Am i blind? :p

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 09:34

In a standard installation, it should be under:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Switch King\Switch King Server\Repositories\Examples\Source\WebClient.Standard
However, if you have a version earlier than Switch King v3.1, it does not exist.
Martin | Switch King

1 star
1 star

Post by 96633333 » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:15

Ahhh.. i looked in the wrong folder... *Plugins* :shock: :oops:

Is there a guide on how to set this up? Tried adding the folder as a site in IIS, but only errors.. :?:

Martin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Martin » Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:40

Since it always requires tweaking from the end user, and the setup is different on different versions of IIS, a guide does not exists.
You will have to use the forum for this.

But, basically:
- Create a new web site in IIS (or create an application - NOT only a virtual directory - under an existing site)
- Make sure the application pool for that specific site or application runs .NET v2 (not .NET v4)
- If you are running on a 64 bit environment, configure the application pool to run 32-bit applications

You can use some of the parts found here when installing and trying to isolate problems:
http://www.switchking.se/en/installera- ... ten-pa-whs

Note:
Even if plugins and extensions are included in the installation package, they are to be seen as unsupported modules. In general, the plugins are more commonly used than the web client (which is to be seen as an example of implementation only).
However, we do try to answer specific questions in the forum, so feel free to ask when you encounter problems - there are other users out there who has been through the same thing :)
Martin | Switch King