Plugin that writes Windows Events

Plugins skapade av Switch Kings användare | Plugins created by Switch King users
Behner
1 star
1 star

Plugin that writes Windows Events

Post by Behner » Sat 17 May 2014, 15:20

Hi! Im woring on a plugin that Writes all the events to the Windows logs. In Windows you can Connect tasks to the events. So my plan is to create other "plugins" to respond to the events. Right now I'm working on a plugin for Onkyo receiver.

First I wanted to do everything in the plugin, but I came across a .net 4.x problem. It seems SwitchKing only acepts 3.5 plugins. Anyway it might be a good idea to do it this way.

Here is the plugin so far (Version 0.3 max..)

Here is a bit documentation on how to run a task by an incoming event:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 48900.aspx

Lars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Isaksson
5 stars
5 stars

Re: Plugin that writes Windows Events

Post by Isaksson » Sat 17 May 2014, 16:03

I think it is better to do plugins direct for SK, i see no direct reason why you not could controll an Onkyo with 3.5 .net (i have)

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk

Behner
1 star
1 star

Post by Behner » Sat 17 May 2014, 16:24

I both agree and don't agree with you. For a single Onkyo plugin of course it is possible... My point of this plugin is not only the Onkyo, but more taking the advantage of the Task Scheduler in Windows. It is quite powerfull and you can do the most from it.

In just 3 minutes i Connected a task to a event from a "dummy Device" that powerd on my receiver and selected the radio as a Source. But, hey.. I realy do not give a damn about what is better or not. I think if this plugin can provide a "layer between" for some out there, they are welcome to use it. :)

MichaelAl
1 star
1 star

Post by MichaelAl » Thu 13 Jan 2022, 14:59

It would be great to see some acts about this plugin or how users can use it.